Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Saint Patrick's Day in Roswell & Alpharetta

No. No we aren't. 
So St. Patrick's Day is coming up on Monday. Or the day everyone pretends to be annoyingly Irish, whatever you want to call it. I'm not a big fan of noise and crowds and cultural appropriation, so I'll be staying in that night. But if you thrive on crowds, here are some nearby to celebrate. These places will probably have specials going all weekend too.



  • Mac McGee's in the historic district is a clean, friendly neighborhood bar with Old World trappings. The food is good and the drinks tasty. If I didn't already have my neighborhood watering hole picked out at The Roswell Tap, I'd be over here all the time. It's welcome addition to Canton street. As an Irish bar, it will definitely be doing up the big day in style.

  • Just around the corner, the aforementioned Roswell Tap is throwing their annual party. Expect live music and a special Irish themed menu on Friday. You can read my review here.

  • Over in Crabapple, the Olde Blind Dog Pub has drink specials as well. Sadly, I've never been there, so you'll have to tell me about it.

  • Harp Irish Pub over by the Publix on Old Alabama is also open for the party. I've only been once and that was years ago. I remember it being a little shabby. But there's always a line out the door for St. Patrick's day, so they must be doing something right.
Any other places I'm missing? Tell me in the comments. 



Like my poorly lit iPhone pictures? I'm on Flickr now!  And you can like me on Facebook!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the recommendations! Saint Patrick's Day is actually MONDAY, March 17th, though I'm sure many will begin celebrating Friday.

Jennifer Liang said...

Fixed it! My students were already pinching each other and I'm bad with dates anyways. Thanks!