Tuesday, June 9, 2009

You're Doing It All Wrong

Recently, I've fallen in love with the video section at Chow. They've got a variety of video clips demonstrating how to wash strawberries, pour champagne, cook oatmeal, etc. All professionally produced and hosted by real chefs. Some of their tips are a little too "gourmand" for my tastes (the burger video in particular is too fussy for me), but most give great suggestions and I get inspired watching them. Which I think is the point. They want us to get out and cook.




I've chosen to link you to their bit on properly saucing pasta. I love this. I grew up in house with a sister who hates tomato sauce, so we always served it on the side. I hated how I never could seem to put enough sauce on my pasta to get rid of that gummy pasta taste. I started mixing them together in the pan when I started cooking for myself, mainly to save on getting the colander dirty. (My husband is convinced I destroy kitchens on purpose when I cook.) But the resulting pasta tasted much better, so I kept doing it. I haven't tried adding the butter and olive oil. It looks delicious, but I don't know if I can afford the extra fat and calories in my diet at this point. Oh well.

Enjoy the videos.

No comments: