Saturday, February 21, 2009

Picture Dump... Again.

I got a new camera for Christmas and I've slowly been getting the hang of it. Here's a couple things I've been working on.

From blog


This is a lentil and kale soup I made last month. I got the recipe from Adam at The Amateur Gourmet. This was a great soup, a little spicy, a little sweet. Perfect for a cold night.

From blog


Hot cocoa with a homemade marshmellow. Cute mug, right? It was a gift from one of the girls in my homeroom this year. It's just the right size for when I need a sweet drink, but don't want to feel too gluttonous.

From blog


This is a cheese spread I made using the leftovers from my New Year's Eve cheese plate. It's called "fromage fort" and this version comes from Alton Brown. The gist of it is leftover cheese in a food processor, with white wine, garlic and parsley. I think I actually took this intending to use it in a "Grow Your Own" post, but it sat too long on my camera. It's awesome on those little whole wheat Kashi crackers you see there, or you can smear it on fresh apple slices for a slightly healthier treat.

From blog


I came home late one night from a basketball game last month and I needed a fast dinner, so I made pizza. The crust is the Olive Oil Dough from Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day. The sauce was a quick amalgamation of canned tomatoes, rosemary, red wine, onions and garlic. It should have reduced a bit more. It was thinner than I like. The Italian sausage was leftover from something else. This was really, really good. I need to smoosh the crust thinner though.

From blog


Another Olive Oil Dough creation. This was a stromboli that I whipped up. It's stuffed with cheese, more italian sausage, garlic and thawed, frozen spinach. I must make this again. Soon.

From blog


This is a Chicken Tortilla Soup that ended up being so spicy I couldn't eat it. I froze the leftovers and I'm waiting for a victim to foist it off on. I added the chopped chiles too early, so they had too long to infect the broth. Even my husband thought it was too spicy. It had a great flavor under it though, just spicy.

No comments: