Monday, October 27, 2008

Picture Dump

I'm behind on posts, so I'm going to do my classic "Post a bunch of pictures that I planned to do posts about, but didn't" thing. You know you love it.

From blog


Ham sandwich. I pack my husband's lunch for him every morning. He likes the most boring sandwiches ever. White bread, mayo, turkey and processed cheese. I have slowly managed to coax him into more interesting sandwiches. This one is ham and swiss on wheat bread (from a bakery) with arugula. He still likes plain mayo, but I feel a little better about it.

As an aside, he used to complain about my "gourmet" taste in lunch meat. I like to get the fresh Boar's Head from the deli counter, where he would buy Oscar Meyer if left to his own devices. But then I pointed out that the cost of a half pound each of meat and cheese (a week's worth) is still not quite equal to the cost of him going out for one meal.

From blog


Some Pumpkin Curry Soup I made. I'm almost out of my pumpkin puree now. This makes me very sad.

From blog


I'm doing a Day of the Dead party/ project with my International Studies elective class. The kids have done a ton of research about this holiday and Mexican culture in general. They are particularly taken with the cheerful and colorful skull imagery that predominates. Gotta love middle school. Anyways, these are "Skullipops". Pretzel sticks dipped in white chocolate and decorated with black gel frosting. A very simple and easy project to do with kids. They are currently hiding in a corner of my office, otherwise I'm afraid my co workers will steal them.

I'll conclude with some shots from the Cumming Greek Festival a few weeks ago. This was way better than the Atlanta Greek Festival.

From blog


Lamb cooking on the spit.

From blog


Crowd shot. See how not crowded everything is?

From blog


Greek salad, roast lamb and potatoes with lemon and herbs. Delicious.

No comments: