Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Girls Day Out

My mom has been floating ideas about having some "girl time" with her daughters this summer. I suspect this is brought on by the fact my youngest sister graduates high school in less than two days and the nest is finally empty. So now that we're officially out of her hair, she'd like to spend time with us.

Anyways, mom has said that one day this summer, she'd like to go out to lunch with me and my sisters. Since we're scattered all over the metro area, this will take coordination. I'm in Roswell, Kim's in Decatur and Mom and Allison are in Peachtree City. Mom has decided Roswell will be our meeting ground. I'd like to think it's because they all recognize that the food in this area is far superior to anything near them, but it's far more likely that it's because I don't drive and will not be able to participate unless someone comes to get me.

So it falls to me to determine which restaurant to take them to. We've recently been to Veranda and enjoyed their small plate menu for my husband's birthday. I took my mom to Pan Asia over Christmas vacation, which she enjoyed. We've taken my family to the Sunrise Cafe, with good results, but that was before the ownership change. I'm thinking about either Relish, or The Fickle Pickle. Ceviche is also a recent favorite of mine.

Far too many choices. I need to think about this.

No comments: