Saturday, July 19, 2014

Target Gives Discount for Bringing Own Bags Now

I am probably the last one to realize this, but I discovered last week that Target will take five cents off your bill for reusable bag you use at the check out line. I don't buy a whole lot of groceries there, but sometimes I will grab one or two things when we go to pick up prescriptions. I definitely plan on taking advantage of this in the future. Five cents isn't much, but considering how often I shop at Target, it'll add up for me. It's a great incentive to use the store more often.

Why is this a big deal? Aside from the environmental impact of not throwing away tons of new bags every year, bags cost stores money. When you bring your own, they save money. Which is fine, but I'm doing this for the baby sea otters, not for the grocery store's bottom line. So it's nice to see a company recognize that and pass that savings on to me.

Any other stores doing bag discounts? Let me know and I'll make a list of them on the blog.

Like my poorly lit iPhone pictures? I'm on Flickr now!  And you can like me on Facebook

No comments: