Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Ale Yeah! in Historic Roswell


UntitledSo I think I've mentioned before, that I'm not a beer drinker. I just don't like most beers. But my husband enjoys them, especially the vast array of craft beers now available on the Northside. Alpharetta and Cumming actually have the most craft breweries and places to fill your growler in this area. My colleague, Lee at Roots in Alpharetta has done an excellent job of covering them, so I'm going to talk about the one in my neighborhood today.

We enjoy visiting Ale Yeah! in Historic Roswell, which is the second location of the Decatur based chain.. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable and passionate about beer. Even a non-drinker like myself can appreciate the level of service at a place like this. When my husband wants to get a growler filled, this is always our choice. 

Untitled
So how does this "growler" thing work anyways? At a craft beer store, you can purchase a large bottle jug in either 32 or 64 ounce sizes. You take it in empty and choose from their menu of beers on tap and they fill it. The selection changes frequently, so you have an opportunity to try lots of beers this way. Ale Yeah! also carries single bottles and six packs if that seems like too much. You can build your own six pack from the singles, which is a nice way to try lots of things as well.  They usually have a cider or craft soda on tap as well, which is nice for that lone non-beer drinker (me).

Ale Yeah! is participating with Atlanta Beer Week with tastings in both locations this week. So if you're a craft beer fan,or just curious, this is an excellent time to check them out.

Like my poorly lit iPhone pictures? I'm on Flickr now! And you can like me on Facebook!

No comments: