Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Hey! Hey guess what!

*blows the dust off* Hello? Anyone still here? Helloooooo??

Well, I'm back. I've missed blogging and I hope you've missed me too. A lot has happened since July 2011. There's been new jobs, grad school, not being in grad school, health scares, travel and food. So much food. I've wanted to share the food with you, I really did, but sometimes opening up my laptop again after getting home from work just seemed like too much effort. But I want to be back and I told myself June was the month to do it.

If ya'll have forgotten me or if you've somehow stumbled on this place for the first time, this is Northside Food. I'm a teacher in her mid-30s, married, no kids and I live in Roswell. For you out of towners, it's just north of Atlanta and this part of metro is called "The Northside".

I started this blog when I realized that there were plenty of blogs reviewing downtown and other places inside the Perimeter, but no one really talked about what was going on in my neighborhood. There's more to eating in this part of town than Applebees and Olive Garden and I wanted a place to share my finds. Other than that, there's never been anything resembling a plan for this blog. I write about what I'm eating, whether its at a restaurant, my friends' homes or what I've made at home. I like fresh foods prepared well. My favorite food writers, the ones who consistently inspire me and challenge how I approach eating both out and at home, are Deb Perelman at Smitten Kitchen, Adam Roberts at Amateur Gourmet and Mark Bittman at the New York Times.

My goal is to get back into the habit of posting here about once a week or so. So see you next week?

2 comments:

Tina said...

Hi Jennifer! Just saw your post at the top of my feed and had to read it. So glad you're back to blogging! I live in Alpharetta and am always on the lookout for new & good food finds. I look forward to your upcoming posts!

G.G. said...

I also just noticed that you were blogging again. Welcome back to the hobby!

Grant, from Marie, Let's Eat!