Monday, January 19, 2009

I made fudge

I had today off, and the heat wasn't working for the better part of the day. What could I cook to stave off the inevitable frostbite? Fudge. Not just any fudge though. Delicious fudge.

Adapted from the recipe on the back of a can of Eagle sweetened condensed milk.

1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 package chocolate chips
1 cup broken dark chocolate pieces
1 tsp vanilla
dash salt
1/2 cup dried cherries and cranberries

In double boiler, combine chocolate, vanilla, salt and sweetened condensed milk. Stir over low heat until smooth. Add dried fruit. Spread in a container lined with waxed paper or parchment. Cool for several hours until firm.

I cut mine into tiny pieces. And the combination of dried cranberries and cherries with the dark chocolate means this treat packs quite an antioxidant wallop. Why, it's practically health food! Sadly, neither my husband or I will enjoy this fudge. I plan to mail it to a friend in Florida that I owe a box of Christmas cookies to.

To make up for it, I made Darling Clementine Cake for our dessert this week. Oh Clementines, is there anything you CAN'T make tasty?

No comments: