Friday, November 28, 2008

Homemade Bacon?

I frequent several forums, on a variety of topics. Some of the most interesting food conversations actually pop up on the non-food forums. This happened a few weeks ago on the forums at Cracked.com, when someone started a thread detailing how to make your own bacon. Yes, your own, home smoked bacon. I love making things from scratch that other people think only come out of a can, but I admit bacon never popped into my head as something to try. But after seeing this detailed tutorial, complete with pictures, I'm tempted to give it a shot.

So with the permission of the mysterious man known only as "The Iron Colonel", I bring you The Bacon Chronicles: Legend of the Homemade Bacon My comments in that thread are posted under the handle "Kathana" if you're looking for me. There's several other bloggers posting in that thread too, but since I'm unsure of whether or not they'd like their Cracked identities too closely linked to their blogs, I'll leave it alone.

I should also warn you. It's, uh, Cracked. It's a comedy site. Humor is subjective and occasionally offensive. They recently put up an article called "Five Astounding Advances in the Science of Getting Drunk". I only say this so none of you can come back to me later and complain that I forced you to read swears against your will.

No comments: