Friday, April 11, 2008

The Little Alley

The Little Alley is a great little tapas bar here in Roswell. In fact, until recently, if I wanted tapas, that's where I went. My husband and I discovered it via the annual "A Taste of Roswell" festival a few years ago and have been fans since. Even though I like Veranda's tapas better, Little alley has more variety. It's also a little more fun to visit, what with the couches and mood lighting and all.

Anyways, as I was stuck in airport limbo hell today, I saw a short review of it in Jezebel magazine. I have no idea why we get Jezebel magazine (neither one of us can recall subscribing) , but it arrives duly in my mailbox each month, so I must read it.

The review
is thus:
Meet Me in the Alley
JEZ dines at Little Alley Tapas Bar & Restaurant

Little Alley Tapas Bar & Restaurant is a popular neighborhood eatery with Roswell residents, but is well worth the drive for those living in other parts of Atlanta. From selections of Thai-braised beef short ribs to seared sea scallops with parsnip puree and truffle-scented broth, the restaurant’s diverse and detail-driven menu is full of big surprises.

Located in a generic-looking business center on Holcomb Bridge Road, Little Alley’s mood changes dramatically thanks to a welcoming interior that transports guests to a lively bodega where wine flows and laughter lilts from the dining room. For pre-dinner lounging with cocktails, conversation and tapas, the comfortable bar area with black leather couches provides a great vantage point from which to watch Chef Richard Wilts turn out beautifully presented plates. Interesting entrĂ©es such as grilled salmon with chive potato puree, spinach and lemon caper butter, or grilled dry-aged New York strip complemented with mushroom potato pie and green peppercorn sauce will further summon your appetite. Even the salads have a “wow” factor, such as the roasted pear salad with organic greens, port wine vinaigrette, candied pecans and bleu cheese. A dessert of dark chocolate bread pudding with mandarin orange sauce seals the deal.

Little Alley Tapas Bar & Restaurant | 690 Holcomb Bridge Road | Roswell | 770.992.9198 | littlealley.com

By Carolyn O'Neil

Little Alley Cafe Bar & Grill in Roswell

I have been inspired food wise by my recent Caribbean trip. More on that later.

No comments: